Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Woo Hoo!

My lamp made it in yesterday!!  These were my thoughts on it last night that I posted on facebook:

Ode to my new lamp....
Oh how I love how the lamp part has an adjustable height..
I love that you are on wheels..
Especially with your concrete base!!
I love that you don't fall over on me now!
The clip holding my pattern..how awesome you are...just the right height and closeness
But my most favoritest part is this little handy dandy gadget that will (hopefully) keep the kitties out of my thread!! No more having to put away threads if I'm just going to work on the same pattern the next day!!
The only downfall I have seen so far, is unlike my last lamp, this tray "clips" on and I don't like the choices of where to clip it on, nor is it as secure. I wish they would of kept it where it went in between the two lamp posts!

SSPX0006

Isn’t that just the coolest?  I posted over there on the 2nd page.  I had a lot to ponder yesterday.  I’ve been angry lately.  And I talked to my counselor about it yesterday.  The results, I have a lot to think about.  So I followed what was calling to me and put The Lord’s Prayer on the snaps yesterday.  I really do think I’m going to just love this piece.  I love the colors so far.  And, I’m not kidding, I felt so at peace while working on this.  So calm.  That rarely happens for me.  See, one of the downfalls of being bi-polar is that your brain never SHUTS UP!  Meditation is next to impossible, blanking your mind…yeah right.  It constantly goes, worse than the energizer bunny.  And it’s favorite thing to focus on is negative stuff.  Yeah, makes for a grumpy person.  So it is a constant battle to fight it and tell yourself not to stress, there isn’t anything you can do about it today, so let it go, etc.  But I’m telling you, when I was stitching on this, my mind calmed, I calmed.  Well, maybe not so much when James would walk into the room, but otherwise I sure did.  Yeah, I’m going to really enjoy working on this piece!

SSPX0005(4)

5 comments:

  1. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful project! I hope you can find peace when you work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new start & your ode to your lamp really made me giggle! Seriously though, I'm soooo jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww sweet new start,,enjoy your new lamp..
    Big hugs Cucki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great attachment for your lamp to store your floss! How clever! Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the lamp. I am glad you are getting peace with The Lord's Prayer. It's very beautiful so far.

    ReplyDelete